Friday, November 21, 2008

Holiday Chex Mix

This is my major baking time and one of the traditional food that I make is a sweet Chex mix. Since it is so good I thought I would share it with everyone.

Holiday Chex Mix
1 large box of Crispix (or two small boxes of different Chex cereals)
1 cup coconut
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup pecans (I usually leave this out but it is good with it too)
Mix all in a large bowl. Place flat on cookie sheets.
Combine:
1/2 cup Karo Syrup
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
Boil for 2 min. and pour over cereal mixture. Let cool.

I usually make it the day before I want to start eating it so that it has about a day to cool and become sticky. After it is ready I place in a large bowl and cover with a lid so that it stays good. My kids love this already and Jay requests it every year.

No comments: