Wednesday, January 18, 2012

No-Fuss Sunrise Smoothie

I hate breakfast.  I normally don't eat it which doesn't help with losing weight.  Well I pulled out one of my many cookbooks and found this recipie for a breakfast smoothie.  It comes from a Dr Phil cookbook and it was super good.  It is easy and filling. 

Frozen Fruit mixture:
2 cups blackberries (fresh or frozen)
2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
2 large bannanas, thinly sliced
(we also added 2 cups of blueberries)

Individual smoothies:
1 cup of apple juice
1/4 teaspoon vanillia

Combine the berries and bananas in a large ziplock bag and freeze.  This will keep for up to 4 months.

To make the smoothie, scoop 1 cup of fruit mixture into a blender.  Add the juice and vanilla and blend until smooth.

I had this and a granola bar for a very filling breakfast that is also healthy.

No comments: