Monday, January 12, 2009

Steak Marinade

I love marinating the meat. I wont usually let even Jay do that part of the prep work. I learned a lot of my skills in meat marinating from my grandfather. So this is my marinade for doing steaks, and it works every time!
Worchershire sauce
KC Masterpiece BBQ seasoning
Honey

Have the meat fully thawed. Sprinkle on (chose your own amounts) the BBQ seasoning on one side first. Then add the worchershire sauce by pouring it over the meat. Finally add the honey by just pouring over the meat too. I will usually let it sit for a minimum of one hour and then flip the meat over and do the same thing on that side too. After that has sat in the marinade for the 2 hours (most of the time I do it for about 12-24 hours to get the best tenderness out of the meat) I grill it on the bbq. The longer it sits in the marinade, equally on both sides, the more tender and jucy the meat is.

We do this for chicken too, only I also add KC Masterpiece Honey BBQ sauce to it as well.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

This sounds good and very easy. I hope you get a chance to add more recipes since I love finding new ones!